Wednesday 16 February 2011

Just pour me a drink and I'll tell you my lies...

Oh hello you lot!

Welcome back, to another edition of my blog, after a very eventful week, for all the wrong reasons too, this is the first real chance I've had to sit down and write, because, prepare yourself, I've been working!

Seriously, I've been actually doing some substantial (by my standards atleast) hours this week, a steady 28, thanks to our new manager, so I'll pick up some decent wonga from this week, all of which will go towards the new amp I need to get, as nice as the AC30 is, it's no longer suited to what I'm churning out, my style is based alot more around a tone I can't seem to achieve with this amp, so I need to look at something burly, half stack is what I'm thinking, Bugera, Marshall, who knows... If only I had Boogie Money

But I digress, how are you doodling? good to hear, as I say, there's a lot to fill you in on, so I'm taking my time with this blag, so it's taking me a bit longer than usual, I'm having some work done on the Frampton Les Paul, which is in disrepair, instantly it seems, an obvious copy, it's not costing much thankfully, but obviously, I'm fuming, all of you readers will know how much it meant to win that guitar, so see what was going wrong with it, my heart sank, pictures of a revitalized PFLP will be up soon, thanks to a couple of mates who are working on it for me, sorting wiring, the nut, action, truss rod, pickup mounts, strap buttons, new dials, it's essentially a re-work of the whole guitar, luckily I had some of the parts spare, and these guys owed me a favour...

So, as you know I like to branch out, try new things, and I've stepped right into the unknown territory of Guitar Craft Tuning, don't try and look it up, you'll probably cry, I tuned the SG right up to this odd tuning, to the point where if the strings get any tighter, the guitar will explode, it takes everything you think you ever knew about the guitar, and throws it right out of the window. Chord shapes, scales, licks, everything goes kaput and because there are no online resources other than one man (you can't tell I don't want to tell you much can you?) you have to feel your way around and build your own chords from scratch, it's like learning a new instrument, and when you find the right notes, it feels good, I'm writing my first song in it as we speak, it's difficult, but I feel a newer connection with the guitar itself, it's a new perspective on a sort of rut I was in, I can work myself out of this rut, by making my own chords up, that are as easy to play as conventional chords.

Now that the Superbowl has been and gone, I went and picked up Madden 11 on the Xbox, I have it, my mate's Rob & Maccie have it, and I've wanted to get into it a bit more, and I'm really enjoying it, I won 2 games against Maccie and the challenges on there remind me of how challenging games should be, and between me and you, the soundtrack is badass! Kiss, Ozzy Osbourne, AC/DC...Phwoar, £22 brand new? A steal if you ask me...Now if only I could get a legit Frank Zombo jersey...

What else is there...Oh yes! Today, is my friend Tommy's birthday, and yesterday after work, I went to see the new Coen Brothers remake of one of my all time classic movies "True Grit", I have to say after watching the original the other night, I was used to Rooster Cogburn being this character of definition, iconic, John Wayne summed him up perfectly for me, and don't get me wrong, as good as Jeff Bridges was in the remake, I didn't want to see Rooster as a washed up old fart, staggering around for 2 hours, but all in all it was a good but very somber remake of a classic film I love, it's great, but I'm not sold on it. Afterwards, Me, Maccie, Tommy & Kay went to the pub, laughs were had, food was eaten and Kay farted!

That's it for now, I may or may not have some big news to announce Monday, so keep your eyes out!

Thanks for reading you guys, 2,300+ now!
You keep me writing for you, it's a pleasure doing so
Take care
Your Pal
Luke Clarke

No comments:

Post a Comment