Tuesday 26 May 2009

I Hit The Ground..Bang Bang

It's fair to say, 2009 has been a car crash for me so far.

Things have gone from great, to catastrophic in a matter of 5 months, its a harsh realization that NOTHING lasts forever, and it's come in the form of everything that could go wrong, going wrong at once, one after another, whether its fate coming to get me for all the good i've had in the last couple of years I don't know, those in the know will know what's going wrong.

January I was at my happiest, now here we are in May, and I'm at my most miserable, as quickly as i pick myself back up, I get cut down, I'm finding myself with too much time to think, 20 odd hours a week standing at the till, the hours I have left, I spend writing music or playing games or something along those lines, with the past haunting me, constant reminders of memories I honestly want rid of, as Emo as these thoughts might sound, it's because a shadow was cast, for me, today, I found out that today was the day "The Music Died" the news was brought to me by a close friend, it's tragic what's happened, and I can only hope there is a calling for him in another life, Thanks for Everything mate...

However, on a lighter note, I'm finding myself coming up with new ideas and stuff on Guitar, I've found myself plugging in more often, full pelt playing along to songs, learning new stuff, writing new riffs and chord progressions, using everything to its full potential, i'm working on a new track as we speak and I've a vague idea of some lyrics, which would make them the 2nd set i've ever written ! Ha!

Yesterday I had a great conversation with a person I haven't spoken to in a long time, a certain Emma Simpson, Lead Singer of my former band Crashpoint, I havent spoken to her in person since i left the band last September, it was an emotional evening, and not much was really said, however we always had great dynamics between us both, coming up with belters like, Keep Your Distance, In A Dream &  You Gotta, we had a good chat, just like old times, no doubt i'll speak to her again soon...

in the meantime, my guitars done enough weeping for one night...





No comments:

Post a Comment