Sunday 23 January 2011

Double Trouble NGD!

NGD!

Yes! Two new bits of guitar slinging kit in one fun filled, completely knackering day, on the first picture is Simon from Frampton Central, presenting me with the Gibson Peter Frampton Les Paul, and I gotta say, it was a pleasure meeting him, such a down to earth bloke, this is the bloke who set up FC, and created, all I can describe as a fantastic community, gathered to share their likes for Peter Frampton, he drove all the way from Exeter, and it really was a pleasure to meet him, however he seemed oddly familiar...
I gotta say, after stretching the strings, adjusting the action for fret buzz, this thing plays like a dream, the extremely slim neck, which reminds me of a shredder size neck, the hot pickups, it's a fantastic bit of kit, it's the only real bit of luck I've had in the last few years, and I'm dumbfounded when I open the case and clap eyes on it... ah...

Up next, a 1982 Laney Linebacker Reverb 50w, this little rarity cost me £45, yes, you read that right, a full valve amp, 10 inch speaker, 50 watts with a decent reverb channel, for £45, It sounds awesome, in terms of tone, it gives my AC30 a run for it's money! however, I need to take it in for some work, because the all the front inputs keep crapping out, however, when I plugged my EHX Big Muff in, it sounded amazing!

The main reason I brought this, is because I plan to hit some open mic/jam nights with a redux rig, a couple of pedals, this little amp and a guitar, it's ideal for me to sort of take my own little tones with me, along with a couple of mates who've suggested I go with them, I reckon it'll be awesome, some of my best live experiences have been from jams, so we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment