Saturday 26 March 2011

For Japan


2011, Japan



The same day that I had the aforementioned seizure of mine, I woke up the next day to footage on Sky News of one of the worst natural disasters that I have ever seen, an earthquake just off the coast of Japan, that measured over 8 (closer to 9) on the Richter scale, which triggered a catastrophic tsunami, which instantly ended the lives of over 10,000 people, and has left a further 17,000 more missing, now readers, I'm no humanitarian, I'm no preacher, I'm no savior and usually this kind of thing doesn't get to me, but this really has.

The sheer scale of it all has been gargantuan, and facts and figures on paper just will never do it justice. I see entire towns on the news that have been wiped out and been replaced with wreckage of homes and boats, entire neighborhoods reduced to muddy lagoons, I found it genuinely hard to watch some of the pictures from Sky News, CNN & BBC News, as I write this, the damage done to the Fukushima nuclear plant and the death toll expected to hit 25,000, it makes me very, very sad.

There's no more I can say without saying too much, you already know the facts, but Japan, my thoughts are with you, and I wish you all the best, I really, really do

Your friend
Luke Clarke




No comments:

Post a Comment