Tuesday 28 December 2010

Yesterday I Spent Asleep



Wotcha Readers!

So were approaching the end of a shitty year, there's no debating it's been terrible, there's nothing left for me to do this evening, so I thought I'd do another blog for ya...

Coming up to the end of 2010, I'm feeling as if I'm just waiting for the new year to come in, kind of lost, finding myself, literally doing nothing, having no effort or motivation to do anything, the band's on a break for now, I'm writing alot of material, I'm taking advantage of Red Dead Redemption's double XP until 2011 thing, gonna try and get to level 50, alas, I just really haven't been feeling all that chirpy this last week or so, overly tired, bloated, drunk are all things I've been feeling, and I don't like it, not one bit...

Now you can probably tell through my writing style here, that I'm not myself, I know I normally have some kind of flow going on through my blogs, but as I say, I'm not feeling myself, but I feel compelled to write here, before I lose all sanity...

Now speaking of losing sanity, I've been doing this thing called "reading", I was bemused by the concept at first, but it's really quite cool, anyhow, I've been reading H.P Lovecraft's Weird Tales, all I can say is wow, I'm not a fan of fiction, I've always been into biographies & fact based books, but this is incredible, and gets the imagination running wild with these images of distorted and creepy images of these worlds he describes, I felt as if I was hanging off every word on the page, it's truly riveting stuff, and it's what has been inspiring some of the creepy sounding work I've been doing musically, if you're not convinced by my comments here, pick the book up for yourself, I warn you, it's intimidating, but you'll never regret buying it, there are 900 pages of sheer awesome weird short stories that will keep you reading...


Linko McLinkerson! £12.19, free delivery, if you're after a good read, go fer it!

But aye, last blog was my 40th post, how about that eh? Just a thanks really, I had alot of really nice feedback from that previous blog, saying some people also were moved to tears reading it, it's touching to get that kind of response, thanks you lot, thanks for sticking with this blog for 40 posts... I also looked at the counter while writing this post... 925 views, that's more people than I've ever met, ever

So thanks, for coming back post after post to read my ramblings about everything, it's nice to see that number shoot up every time I post

Next on my venture for guitar gear, MIDI!





That's Why, watching that, seeing what Robert Fripp does with a MIDI Capable guitar, the possibilities that would bring to the band would be endless...and I really wouldn't mind putting that on the SG to spruce it up a bit, would certainly be something that I'd like to experiment with, weighing in at a hefty £600 though, it's a pricey bit of kit, Imagine being able to create that kind of atmosphere on demand, it's an incredible feat, one that I'd love to do, throw in some soft brushed drums and a tickled bass...

Onto what I mentioned earlier, new material I've been writing, 4 songs in total, some we jammed at practice, but I'm actually arranging as songs now, so far the one I sent to Jay got fantastic feedback, and the others I'm working on require a lot more work, but honestly readers, I've never written or played at this level before, I'm at my peak at the moment, getting more practice in than ever, I'm enjoying how it's all going, here's hoping the band goes from strength to strength in 2011, because right now it's what I need, to gig, to record, to get somewhere, would be awesome...

Now earlier, I had a really strange experience while I was asleep, I had a dream which isn't uncommon, however, I turned over on my sofabed, expecting someone to be lying there next to me, looking back at me, but there was no-one, the house was empty and for about a minute or two I was lodged in a sense of despair, wondering to myself "where is she? she was here, but now she's gone" the thing is, I'm sure I felt her presence, her smell, her voice, I'm sure she was next to me but how, how can anything be so real, yet non-existent?

So weird...

On that note

Catch you later!
Luke Clarke

1 comment: